‘Apartments with EV charging near me’ not turning up enough Google search results? :(
Charging your electric vehicle (EV) should be similar to charging your phone: easy, convenient, and on-demand. However, charging your EV hasn’t been this simple for apartment residents–unless you’re one of the lucky few who live in an apartment with EV charging!
It’s estimated that 80% of EV owners charge their cars at night. But as EV sales boom, the number of available public charging stations falls behind. So what do EV drivers do with or without apartment EV charging at the ready?
For those who want to evaluate your options for private and public EV charging, continue reading on. And if the availability of apartments with electric car charging near you is lacking, don’t miss out on the below letter template you can send to property management to prove the case for convenient apartment EV charging!
Apartment EV Charging Options for Residents
- If apartment EV charging is unavailable at your complex, you will need to find public EV charging. These shared EV chargers are typically found in busy public parking lots such as grocery stores, shopping centers, office buildings, and malls. The downside? You’ll have to drive to another location to charge up, chargers may not be available when you need them, and prices can be costly and inconsistent… and you have to sit there and wait to power up.
Shared Community Parking
- Some apartments with electric car charging offer community EV chargers, meaning you’ll share access to chargers with other building residents in shared parking spaces. Shared community parking is similar to public parking though only residents can access the chargers and share the parking spaces with fewer people.
- Apartments with electric car charging in assigned parking spaces ensure that an EV charger will always be available and will be waiting just for you in your own designated parking space. You will not need to share and will always have a place to park.
- Lastly, when you can’t find an apartment with EV charging for its residents but it does offer private garages, you may be able to ask for permission to install your own EV charger. The equipment cost, energy cost, and equipment maintenance are the resident's responsibility, which can be cumbersome and expensive. However, you know you’ll always have an EV charger available to use.
Why Apartment EV Charging is an Essential Amenity
Potential residents in your area are searching for ‘apartments with EV charging near me’–don’t you want to be at the top of the list? There’s still time to become an early adopter of apartment EV charging. Here’s why offering apartments with electric car charging is a no-brainer:
- Drivers need EV charging. The demand for consumer electric vehicles is creating a greater need for apartment EV charging than ever. It’s estimated that the global EV market share of new car sales will grow from 2.7% in 2020 to 28% in 2030.
- Residents need convenient apartment EV charging. Residents will be thrilled to charge their vehicles when they’re home–overnight, while they shower, or at lunch. No more dead EVs littering the parking deck!
- Sustainability is vital to Generation Z. Younger consumers are moving towards more eco-friendly and sustainable buying behaviors. 75% of Gen Zs polled said sustainability was more important than brand name when making a purchase.
- Apartment EV charging with Oodles can increase net profit for property owners. Yes, you read that correctly. Oodles offers property owners a revenue-sharing model that produces monthly income every time residents power up. The best part is that the Oodles apartment EV charging solution is completely turnkey and hands-off for office staff. We manage the entire service, from driver support to billing to equipment upkeep.
How to Request Apartment EV Charging in your Complex
If you’re ready for your complex to add apartment EV charging to its amenities list, we’re here to help you speak with your property manager. If you’re feeling shy about requesting in person, just copy and paste the following message to send via email! (Don’t forget to fill in the blanks with your personal information!)
Hi [PROPERTY MANAGER’S NAME],
My name is [YOUR NAME], and I’ve enjoyed being a resident at [PROPERTY NAME] for [AMOUNT OF TIME]! I love the property, and I take advantage of all of our amazing amenities regularly. There’s just one thing missing!
I [DRIVE/AM PLANNING TO DRIVE] an electric vehicle (EV), and the unavailability of electric vehicle charging is forcing me to spend less time at home and more time trying to find somewhere to charge up. It would be extremely convenient to have EV chargers on the property for the other EV drivers on-site and for revenue.
- Sustainability is vital to many residents. It’s why we recycle, turn our lights off when we leave, and why I chose to drive an EV. The worry for our future (due to climate change and air pollution) has caused more people to consider driving EVs than ever before. Those committed to the environment find communities that share these values extremely valuable–not to mention convenient.
- Property owners can make money when drivers charge up by offering apartment EV charging from Oodles. Their revenue-sharing model ensures that multifamily properties earn more profit from this sustainable modern amenity. (Plus, they manage the whole service from upkeep to customer support, so our excellent office staff doesn’t have to get involved.)
I hope you’ll consider my request and the reasons why EV charging at [PROPERTY NAME] would greatly benefit residents and management. If you have any follow-up questions or want to chat about EVs, you can reach me at [PHONE NUMBER]. I look forward to hearing from you.
[YOUR ADDRESS + UNIT NUMBER]
Ready to convince your property managers to invest in apartment EV charging? Reach out to us, and we can help.